A former Essex County Council Office building surplus to requirements has been acquired by Colne Housing with a grant from Braintree DC.
Last and Tricker successfully sought planning permission to demolish the existing building which is to be replaced with 21 one and two bedroom flats, to be built in two blocks with anticipated completion in winter 2017.
The total cost of the project is £3,188,000 with funding from Colne Housing, and £748,000 of grant from the Homes England and Braintree DC. The properties will be available for affordable rent and allocated via Braintree District Council.
Residents are being given the chance to create history by coming up with a new street name. Colne’s Chief Executive Sara Thakkar said: "This is a great opportunity for local people to come up with a brand new street name which will, quite literally, put this development on the map." Read more here.
- Project Value: £3,188,000
- Grant Received: £685,000
- Grant Source: Homes England and Braintree District Council
- Start on site: Oct 2016
- Anticipated Completion: November 2017
- Architect: Last and Tricker
- Contractor: Gipping Construction
- Employers Agent: Potter Rapper
- Tenure: Affordable Rent
- Housing Association: Colne