Iceni are project managers for the new £2m offices which will provide new Headquarters for Suffolk Housing and giving Iceni Homes the opportunity to relocate from their current premises. Suffolk Housing have been in operation since 1974 and have created over 2,500 homes. Their first offices were in Jubilee Court in Bury St Edmunds, before moving to St Botolph's Lane. Having now out grown their current headquarters, the decision was taken for a purpose built building on Skyliner Way, still in Bury St Edmunds
As a non-profit making housing association, Suffolk Housing provide and manage subsidised rented homes to those on low or modest incomes.? Iceni Homes work in partnership with Suffolk Housing on numerous project builds, creating affordable housing across the county.
The flexible 2 storey building is over 800m2 ?is anticipated to be ready for occupation Summer 2016 and incorporates:
• Light gauge steel frame construction
• Maximum glazing to enable sunlight penetration
• Unmanaged woodland space to be brought back into use as a recreational, educational and wildlife preservation area
• Large central atrium
• A design that is transparent and maximizes flexibility working spaces
• Large communal kitchen, breakout areas, and outdoor working space
• Brooks and Wood are the main contractor, Wincer Keivenaar are the architects and Oxbury are appointed as project managers.
Watch the incredible time lapse video below...