A rural exceptions site located off Wilburton Road, Stretham. The two units are an extension to an existing scheme which consists of 7 affordable rent and 1 shared ownership.
Currently under construction are 1 No. 2 bed house (89.4m2), and 1 No. 3 bed house (95.6m2) for shared ownership tenure.
The units are heated by Air Source heat pumps that absorb heat from the outside air in the same way that a fridge extracts heat from its inside. It can extract heat from the air even when the temperature is as low as minus 15°C. This system is used to heat radiators, and provide hot water in the home.
The two units are completing in February 2017.
- Project Value: £338,713
- Start on site: October 2016
- Anticipated Completion: February 2017
- Architect: Ely Design Partnership
- Contractor: A J Lee Developments Ltd
- Employers Agent: Oxbury
- Tenure: Shared Ownership
- Housing Association: Hundred Houses Society